Thursday, May 28, 2009

Obituary

This will run in Thursdays Tribune & Deseret News.

John Michel Rona of Sandy Utah entered into his rest on Sunday May 24, 2009 at the IMC Hospital of severe head trauma due to a motorcycle accident on May 12, 2009.

Son of the late Herbert Rona & Jacqueline Arbogast, John was born on July 6, 1953 in Salt Lake City, UT. He served an honorable mission in Sao Paolo, Brazil & soon after married Darlene Taylor on July 7th, 1976 (later divorced). They had 5 children together. He was a hard working computer programmer & loved by his associates at ACS. He was a man of many talents, not the least of them music. He was adept at multiple instruments but favored the piano, playing for family, friends, church, and for the pure love of the sound and its creation. Although he cared little for the attention it brought him, he enjoyed sharing his amazing talent with anyone who asked and touched countless lives because of it.

His second joy was sunlight, always a healthy brown from his time in its rays, he spent more time in his garden and on his lawn than in his home, his arms full of the fruits of his labor. A selfless man he gave more away than he kept for himself.

John was a deep thinker, constantly studying and learning, sharing the knowledge with his children and those it would help. A peace maker he often helped with conflicts at work. John was a wonderful listener, providing an ear for those who simply needed to talk. He was also thoughtful, offering such heartfelt gifts they seemed hand tailored to the recipient.
He was a sweet man, revered by many, loved by all, and dear to his family.

He is survived by his children & their spouses: Summer James (Tyson), Cassidy (Laure), Moshe (Rachel), Jasmine Brundage (Spencer), & Eden; his two grandsons: Boulder & Joshua; siblings: Dan Rona, Edie Smart, Peter Rona, & Lily Pearson. Predeceased by grandparents; Alphonse Arbogast & Sophie Matz; Martin Rosenthal & Ellen Cohn.

A viewing will be held on May 28, at 6-8pm at Larkin Mortuary 1950 E 10600 S Sandy. The funeral service will be held on Friday May 29, at 12pm at the LDS Church 10945 S 1700 E Sandy with a brief viewing before at 10:45am – 11:45am. Burial will follow at Larkin Mortuary.

2 comments:

  1. Summer,
    Thank you for sharing, I have appreciated reading everything you have written about you father that you truly, deeply loved. He will be missed, Till We Meet Again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer, I need to share this with you and your famly. My husband Robert and I attended the viewing for John. When I saw John I was struck that he looked amazing. I had just returned from Egypt and it crossed my mind that he looked like a Grecian or an Egyptian God, almost a carving in stone. During the funeral I was listening to Cass when he said that he felt that wnen dressing his Dad it was like dressing a nobleman even a King. I started to cry because I realized that the spirit was telling me that this perception was also what I had seen and that what Cass had felt was indeed an accurate descrition of who John was and is. I felt that witnss deep within my soul. When I walked into the chapel before the funeral I felt a great presense of sadness; by the end of the funeral I felt a peace and sense of rejoicing for John and for all of us. Thank you Summer and Rona family for sharing with us all in such a beautiful way. The grief for you is intense and by your sharing you have comforted and strengthened many others. I am struck by the thought of how proud your Dad must be of all of you. Love Linda Burton.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave positive messages of hope, lessons learned, success stories, great memories or love on this page.