Saturday, May 23, 2009

Message from John about music

This was sent to me from the woman in charge of the ward newsletter. She asked my dad to share a little something about serving as the choir accompanist. Here is what he said:

Music has always been a large part of my life and has brought me a lot of peace
and enjoyment ... it is almost therapeutic and provides a spiritual environment that
is difficult to find from any other source.

Accompanying the choir is a very rewarding experience and is a great way to give
back to the ward by sharing my talents.

I have accompanied the Dimple Dell choir for 14 1/2 years and before that when I
lived in the Kingshill Drive area I accompanied that choir for over 12 years.

The way I look at it is that we are left in our callings until we figure out how to do
them right. It usually takes a Bishop about 5 years to learn how to do that calling
and then they are released and a Stake President usually takes a bit more time than
that.

I have been through quite a few choir directors over the past 14 years that have figured
out how to do their calling and were released. I guess after 26+ years that I still have
more to learn from this calling before I can be released ... so I will keep learning and
keep accompanying ...

John

2 comments:

  1. John has a special place in our hearts. We had the great priviledge of having him play the piano for us when my son baptized my daughter. What a lasting memory for us. He was also very kind to our family when my son (armed only with a learners permit and no adult in the car) backed into and destroyed his mailbox while gatherting fast offerings "Don't worry about it, your son did the right thing by coming to my door to tell me what had happened besides he was on the Lord's errand." was what John sweetly said to me when my son and I went back to see how we could take care of it. He fixed the mailbox himself and never said another word about it. I miss his talent, the way he so humbly offers such a generous gift that touches so many lifes. Our thougts and prayers are with the Ronas, our hearts break with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Close your laptops
    Put down your pens
    Cancel your meetings
    We’ve lost our friend.

    Stop the wind
    Pause clouds in the sky
    Capture the blue
    In the back of your mind.

    Hold on one last moment
    If you must before you leave
    Standing here waiting
    Time frozen hearts grieve.

    Close your eyes
    Open your mind
    Let angels guide you
    The path of light you will find.

    Clocks won’t stop
    Moon hangs in the sky
    Rain won’t cease
    Your time here denied.

    One who needs you more
    Has called you there
    Upward to your peace
    Onward dearest and fair.

    I close this with love
    And all that you leave this lot…
    Until we meet again sweet friend…
    Go with love – Go with Courage –
    Je t’aime my friend... Je 'taime.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave positive messages of hope, lessons learned, success stories, great memories or love on this page.