Sunday, May 24, 2009

Love, Hope & Faith

After church we are going to the hospital & the doctors will withdraw life support from my dad. His body is healthy, heart is beating, he is breathing in and out; but his mind is injured possibly beyond repair. We don't know how he will respond & pray that whatever the outcome, it is for his highest good. We all want to help my dad in any way that he needs it & it may be to help him move on. If the chance presented itself, we would be there every step of the way during his recovery, no matter what it took. We would move in with him & help him to learn to walk again, or talk or play the piano or just listen to great music. If this is what our dad chooses, we are up for it. It is easy to sacrifice for those you love. There is no doubt that we are willing to go the distance for my dad. He is an amazing man with such a good heart.

If he moves on, we will remember his greatness. We will dedicate everything we do to him. We will hear him in music, in the wind & in our hearts. We will miss him everyday & talk about his memory with pride & happiness. He will live on through us & become our greatest ministering angel. I know he will watch over us & continue to parent us kids in a more meaningful & powerful way than he ever could here on earth. He will be with us always.

We love him, we miss him, we look up to him, & we are so proud of him. We will continue to have faith until the end & hope in our hearts.

2 comments:

  1. Johns family - I have been thinking and praying for you all day! I wanted today to be your day so I wont call or stop by, but you are all in my thoughts. Summer, this blog must be hard to write but it helps the rest of us, so thank you! MH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is hard to know what to say in the midst of this sadness. I feel like I am serving my dad, which makes me feel a bit better. There are so many people who love him & deserve to be included. He had many friends & I am grateful that he is so loved.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave positive messages of hope, lessons learned, success stories, great memories or love on this page.